Woocommerce allows you to build and manage own online stores on top of WordPress. Atoa Pay is a payment gateway that allows customers to pay instantly for goods and services through their bank app using Open Banking. It works with all major UK banks.
Steps to install and integrate Atoa plugin with woo-commerce
1. Installing the Atoa Business App
The Atoa Business app serves as the central hub for managing all your payments, APIs, integrations, and access tokens. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Download the Atoa Business app from your device's Play Store or Appstore .
- Sign up with your business details to create an account. (If you are new to Atoa, you must complete the onboarding and Know Your Business (KYB) process before you can begin using the app.)
- Once signed in, access the homepage and locate the store icon on the top-left-hand side.
- Navigate to the settings tab within the app.
- Click on "API Access" to generate either the Production or Sandbox key based on your requirements.
- Simply paste your Homepage URL into the redirect URL field.
- The Sandbox environment is exclusively intended for test payments with Atoa. Refer to the provided Sandbox guide for more detailed information.
2 .Downloading and Installing the Atoa WordPress Plugin
To integrate the Atoa WordPress plugin into your e-commerce store, follow these steps:
- After downloading, access your WordPress dashboard, click on "Plugins," and then select "Add New".
- Click on "Upload Plugin" and choose the ZIP file you downloaded from GitHub.
- After uploading the plugin, click on "Install Now."
- Once the installation is finished, click on "Activate Plugin."
Congratulations! You have now successfully installed the Atoa WordPress plugin, and it is ready for use on your e-commerce store.
3. Setting up Atoa Pay on Your WordPress Account
To set up Atoa Pay:
- Access Settings or for WooCommerce users, navigate to WooCommerce > Payments > Atoa Pay.
- Click "Manage" and paste the API access key for Production or Sandbox. That it! Atoa Pay is now active for your payments. For more help, visit docs.atoa.me or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atoa Sandbox environment guide
Refer to atoa sandbox guide to simulate different scenarios, such as successful payments, failed payments, and pending payments.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. How Customers Pay with Atoa Pay?
- The customer adds items to their cart and proceeds to checkout.
- At checkout, the customer sees a list of payment methods, including Atoa Pay.
- The customer selects Atoa Pay and the checkout amount is automatically fetched.
- The customer is then presented with a list of their bank apps.
- The customer selects their bank app and is securely redirected to their bank app to complete the payment.
2. How Fast Will I Get the Money?
- When a customer pays with Atoa Pay, the funds are sent directly from their bank account to your merchant account. This means that you will receive the money in a matter of seconds, not days or weeks.
- You can easily check all of your payments in the Transactions section of your Atoa Business app. This section will show you the amount of the payment, the date and time of the payment, and the customer's bank account information.
3. How Much Will Atoa Charge Me?
- Atoa charges a flat rate of 0.6% per transaction. There are no monthly fees or setup fees. You can set up a direct debit to pay your transaction fees, or you can pay manually. To check your bill, go to My Account > Billing in the Atoa Business app. You can also manage your direct debit, usage, plan, and billing history in this section.
- Atoa sends bills on the last week of every month. The amount of your bill will be based on your pricing plan and your usage for the previous month. The bill will be automatically deducted from your bank account on the 1st of every month.